Getting married in Fiji?
Below is our definitive checklist for planning the perfect destination wedding in Fiji.
6-12 months before the wedding
- Select a wedding date and time.
- Discuss a budget and how expensive will be shared. Fiji wedding packages »
- Agree on the size and how formal the wedding will be. Choosing the perfect Fiji wedding reception venue »
- Discuss with the Fiji Bride wedding coordinator of the chosen venue with the choice of a minister, priest or celebrant; and the style and /or colour theme for your wedding.
- Contact the people you would like as your best man, groomsmen, bridal attendant, etc.
- Draw up a provisional guest list.
- Begin to search for wedding gown.
- Decide if you want to have your honeymoon at the same resort or a different one. Fiji honeymoon packages »
3-5 months before the wedding
- Make sure wedding gowns and tux’s are all organised. Transporting your wedding dress »
- Finalise your guest list.
- Choose and order wedding invitations, send them out.
- Liaise with your Fiji Bride wedding planner to organise your dedicated wedding website »
- Decide on wedding accessories.
- Choose your wedding flowers »
- Choose on a wedding cake
1-2 months before the wedding
- Make sure you have valid passports.
- Confirm your seating plan.
- Check RSVP for guest list. Wedding attire guidelines for your guests »
2 weeks before the wedding
- Reconfirm all arrangements with your Fiji wedding planner.
- Wear in your shoes for the big day.
1 week before the wedding
- Don’t panic – your dedicated Fiji wedding consultant will have everything under control.
- Make sure you have all your travel documents and wedding documents.
- Final checks on all arrangements.
- Relax! And count on having a wonderful wedding and honeymoon in Fiji.
On your wedding day
- Remember to eat something.
- Allow at least two hours to dress and plenty of extra time to fix hair, makeup etc.
- Bring rings and marriage license to ceremony.
- Enjoy – you’re in paradise!
Need assistance planning your Fiji wedding?
We are specialist Fiji wedding planners and travel agents with over 40 years experience working in this magnificent archipelago. We work with brides and grooms from New Zealand and around the world taking the stress out of planning and co-ordinating their dream Fiji wedding and guest travel arrangements. Our experience and contacts remove the stress out of planning a destination wedding – no matter how big or small.
Contact our experienced team for expert Fiji wedding co-ordinators for assistance with all aspects of your tropical island wedding including the ceremony (beach, garden, afloat or indoors), reception, travel arrangements, flights and island transfers and resort accommodation for you and your guests.